Register | Entry Fees | Distance Changes | Bib Transfers | Rules
Join us October 14th for a half marathon and 5K!
REGISTER ONLINE HERE...
Entry fees are set in tiers so the price goes up as more people register. So sign up fast to pay the lowest entry fee!
And remember you have a chance to earn extra medals in our 2017 Race Series, so the more The Active Joe races, the more medals!
This race has a cap for each distance, and the entry fees are structured as pricing tiers based on how full the distance is to capacity. Entry fees subject to change at any time.
First 200 - $70
Next 200 - $75
Next 200 - $80
Next 200 - $85
If not sold out, RACE WEEK AT PACKET PICKUP - $90
If not sold out, RACE MORNING - $95
5K - a quality technical fabric running shirt in gender-specific sizing (instead of that typical white cotton t-shirt other races give!); a custom racing bib; a fun 3.1-mile race!
Next 50 - $25
Next 100 - $30
Until sellout- $35
Kids' 100 Yard Dash - All entrants - $5
Register by August 25th to get your name personalized on your bib. See Perks here...
If you need to change down to the 5K, you can do that through race week up until race day (or until 5K sellout, whichever comes first). No refunds will be granted if you downgrade from the half marathon to the 5K at any time.
Want to transfer your race entry to a friend? Bib transfers will be allowed until October 1st and will be subject to a $15 Administration Fee. NO TRANSFERS ALLOWED RACE WEEK OR ON RACE DAY.
To transfer your bib...
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you want to transfer the bib and who you want to transfer it to. CC them in the email, please.
- The person who will be taking your bib will then go online to register but choose the race category "Race Transfer". They need to list you as the original owner of the bib.
- Wait for an email from me stating that the transfer has been processed.
Refunds can be requested by email. Refunds are subject to a $20 Administration Fee. No refunds will be processed after September 1st.
No deferrals to future events are allowed.
Up until September 1st, if a race distance sells out, we will offer a wait list for those didn't get in. No one will be allowed off the wait list after September 1st.
- Race day registration will be available 6:30 am to 7:15 am if the race is not sold out. Entry fee will not be adjusted if we are out of shirts or any other race swag items. Exact cash or checks only race day morning and during race week registration at packet pickup.
- No strollers or any other wheeled transports are allowed on the race course for the safety of all.
- No dogs are allowed on the race course for the safety of all.
- Runners and walkers are both welcome, as long as you can finish by the time limit.
- Past the refund deadline in our "Refunds" section on this page, entry fees are non-refundable, including the case of inclement weather. No deferrals to future events are allowed.
- No refunds will be granted if you downgrade from the half marathon to the 5K at any time.
- This is a private event, so unregistered participants are not allowed. "Banditting" (as this action is referred to) is frowned upon in the running community and unfair to the runners who paid for the opportunity to participate. Race entry fees go for a lot more than water on a course, medals at the finish line, and a shirt in your race packet. It also exposes an event to serious liability risk. It stresses race resources that were calibrated for the sold-out number of participants and therefore can put other participants', the paid participants, health or safety at risk. Those who bandit any portion of the race may be banned from future events by The Active Joe.
- Unregistered pacers are expressly prohibited in this event. In our definition, an unregistered pacer means a runner who does not have a race entry who joins into the race for at least a mile of the course to help support another runner who is registered. Besides presenting an unfair competitive advantage to one runner, regardless of whether you are a competitive participant or not, it creates a huge traffic issue on the course if this rule is disregarded. Anyone found using an unregistered pacer will be disqualified from the race.
- Note that it is never okay to allow someone else to use your bib without a proper bib transfer arranged with the Race Director. This can lead to serious liability and medical risks in the chance of emergency and jeopardize the future of the event for everyone. Those who give their bib to another and those who are not registered and accept a bib from a registered participant may be subject to future ban from The Active Joe events.
- Our primary goal is to provide a safe event for participants, volunteers, and the community alike. If something arises that threatens that safety, then a) the event will be altered as it is reasonably possible without stressing other resources, b) the events may be delayed during the morning, or c) the event may be canceled. The event can not be rescheduled for another date due to resource availability in the event of cancelation.
- Event shirts not picked up at packet pickup or race day will not be mailed.